Office: (855) 529-5267
Cell: (517) 388-6800
Fax: (866) 696-3893
909 N Washington Ave
Lansing, Michigan 48906
Attorney Nick Leydorf is the founder of The Leydorf Law Firm, PLLC. Nick was born and raised in Bannister, Michigan--a town of fewer than 200 people. He attended Ovid-Elsie High School, where he was a three-sport athlete. He graduated in the Top 10 in his class.
Nick earned a scholarship to Michigan State University, where he played rugby. He graduated from Michigan State in 2002, ranked in the Top 1% of his class. Having always been passionate about the law and becoming a lawyer, Nick entered law school at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. He later transferred to The Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law in Washington, DC. He received his JD degree in 2005, graduating with High Honor.
After working with several small firms, with the encouragement of his family as well as former clients, Nick started his own practice. Since that time, The Leydorf Law Firm, PLLC has achieved excellent results for clients throughout Michigan. Nick is not afraid to travel across Michigan to assist others; to date he has represented clients in over 50 Michigan counties.Professional Associations and Memberships
Attorney Nicholas Leydorf is a member of the:
- American Bar Association
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Clinton County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
He has previously served as a Board Member of the East Lansing Rotary Club.
Mr. Leydorf is known for his honesty, his aggressive legal representation, and his ability to devise innovative defense strategies for his clients. For comments from previous clients, please go to “Client Testimonials.”Previous Results
- Murder trial in which Mr. Leydorf was co-counsel: Client found guilty of lesser charges following jury trial
- Operating While Intoxicated – charges reduced to civil infraction
- Embezzlement from a Vulnerable Adult: Case dismissed
- Possession of Child Pornography (investigation): Charges never filed
- Operating While Intoxicated – charges dismissed following firm’s motion.
- Solicitation of Sex: Charges deferred, then dismissed
- Charges related to Michigan State University’s 2008 Cedarfest: Proceedings deferred, then dismissed
- OWI (second offense): No jail time
- Operating While Intoxicated – charges reduced to Reckless Driving
- Larceny from a Building – case dismissed
- False Report of a Felony: Plea to misdemeanor; only fines and costs assessed
- OWI (third offense): Inpatient treatment ordered in lieu of jail.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Investigation – charges never filed
- Zero Tolerance Operating While Intoxicated – charge dismissed
- Resisting and Obstructing a Police Officer – client found not guilty by jury
- Domestic Violence – client found not guilty by jury
- Possession of Marijuana – client found not guilty by jury
- Criminal Sexual Conduct 1st Degree – client served no jail time and charges will be dismissed following probation; client was not required to register as a sex offender.
- Forged Prescription (felony) – client’s sentence was delayed one year with charges reduced to misdemeanor
- Manufacture of Marijuana (felony) + Felony Firearm – felony firearm was dismissed and remaining felonies were reduced to misdemeanors
- Operating While Intoxicated (client’s third drunk driving) – client pleaded guilty to Impaired Driving client received no jail time and was ordered to pay only fines and costs.
- Maintaining a Meth Lab (20 year Felony) – client received 18 months probation and was sentenced to no jail.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Investigation – charges never filed.
- Conspiracy to Deliver Cocaine – client received probation with charges to be dismissed if client successfully completed probation.
- Probation Violation – violation dismissed following firm’s motion.
- Child Abuse (felony) – client pleaded guilty to misdemeanor that will be dismissed following non-reporting probation.
If you are facing criminal charges, please contact The Leydorf Law Firm today by calling (517) 388-6800.